Saturday 21 January 2017

It's a hard-knock life for us....

That's the new Annie song that Samy has been practicing this week... it is really interesting,  except for the part he has to scream and clap.....😨

The good news is that we are making progress in the house, the not so good news is that we all miss home. Living in a small space with no natural light is harder than we thought. Having said that, we decided to extend our stay to mid March; the thought of living in a messy house while the contractors are still working in the basement makes my skin crawls.

We had a meeting with M&M yesterday afternoon to finalise the paint colours for the main floor. To my own surprise I agreed to two ideas that I would not have imagined in my wildest dreams... patterned wall paper and a mustard coloured wall! I am sure it will all come together at the end, but I am not going to deny that I am nervous beyond belief! 😓

I was out of town for a couple of days so I had not seen the house for almost a week. We visited the place after our meeting to pick up a couple of things, including a bottle of my favourite wine (I needed to drink for obvious reasons!!). It was great to see the new floors in the bedrooms, especially next to the newly painted walls.

The stairs looked strange without the carpet and the pickets. I cannot wait to see what the finished product will look like. 
The gas fireplace has also been installed and they are preparing it for the new surface to be placed.
Today we ordered all our appliances so we will be writing another big fat cheque shortly. 

I have to admit, I have been humming "it's a hard-knock life" all day... at least I have been  skipping the screaming and clapping parts!

No comments:

Post a Comment