Saturday 11 March 2017

And the saga continues .....

For the records,  I am glad I am not a designer ... in addition to the lack of talent, I have very little patience for shopping, especially when it comes to furniture. We have been furniture shopping for almost two months and have hardly actually "bought" anything. 

The renovation is still in progress,  although our contractors have been working 6 days a week and they are still on schedule,  I am getting restless. We will be moving back on March 31st but that's just the beginning of another phase, especially if we still have not bought all the furniture.

We visited the house last Wednesday and after weighing all our options decided to give up on having a bar island in the basement as it would take up too much space. That was not good news.

The kitchen still drives me crazy, so I have been avoiding the area every time I have visited the house.  I hope I can at least get used to it by the time we are moving back.

The Persian New Year is also around the corner and for the first time in my life,  I will not be able to properly celebrate the day at home. 

I am sure everything will work out at the end,  all I can say is that it has been a long and stressful journey....

No comments:

Post a Comment