Tuesday 13 December 2016

Dr. Fireplace!

When I said the renovation would impact the entire house, I meant it; The fireplace would not be able to fly under the radar in this master plan!

Although we already had a quote to resurface and switch to a gas fireplace, we asked our designers (Maryam & Mahnaz, also known as M&M!)  to see if they could get us another quote....and they did.  They all came over this evening.

The house was a mess of course, there were boxes everywhere and the packing headquarter (i.e. the dining room) was like a war zone.... oh well, we have a great excuse.....so I guess it wouldn't matter!

There were two gentlemen who came over, one of them was calling the other one doctor! I thought it was awesome,  who would have thought this part of the renovation would require a PhD or maybe he was a medical doctor.... I guess I should have asked.

Anyway,  it was all under control until the number of questions started to go up.... you know when you are totally on the same page with someone. .. well, this was totally not the case!

It was rather funny, although I could see the M&M's blood pressure was gradually going up, but we were not too worried because the Doc was in the house.

I think the highlight of the conversation was when the Doc asked Maryam to confirm if we wanted to have a nice fireplace that also generated heat! While I was trying to analyze the question in my head,  she asked if we had missed any other criterias! I am pretty sure that was when I had to leave the room and find my cup of tea in the war zone!

We look forward to getting their quote.  Although we are not quite sure if we will get what we want... Who knows, maybe we will end up with another AC unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment