Saturday 31 December 2016

Good Bye 2016

I have never been a big fan of farewells. Wrapping up the year and welcoming a new year has also been a bitter sweet time for me, which has certainly occupied my mind all day.

Packing up in the last few weeks has given me the opportunity to also sort through some happy and sad memories. I found a few items that took me back to my childhood; a different era that seems too far away yet close enough for me to feel the scent of the house I grew up in. Some memories made me laugh and some brought tears into my eyes. I have had to say goodbye to many people in my life,  some of them I will never see again.

As we are turning the page and starting a new chapter, let's appreciate one another more and cherish every moment we are spending with our loved ones.

Let’s welcome 2017, I am positive the new year will bring new opportunities for many  improvement (including home renovations of course.... I have to stick to the blog's theme, I guess!!)

May the new year bring lots of laughter,  peace, health and prosperity for all of us!!

Happy New Year!🍾🍾🍸🍸🎊🎊🎉🎉

P.S. Today I got the confirmation that our rental place is available any time on the 2nd. Our plan is to get the key in the morning as we will probably have to make a couple of trips in order to take all our personal belongings. Although, I don't know if the place is big enough for all the stuff we are taking there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment